As the name implies, VT involves the visual observation of the surface of a test object to evaluate the presence of surface discontinuities. VT inspections may be by Direct Viewing, using line-of sight vision, or may be enhanced with the use of optical instruments such as magnifying glasses, mirrors, borescopes, charge-coupled devices (CCDs) and computer-assisted viewing systems (Remote Viewing).
Syllabus for visual Testing in level l/ll:
- Defects types and source in metals
- Methods of testing on material
- Materials properties
- Methods for visual test
- Light and its application in visual test
- Welding and related defects on weld joints
- Standards and acceptance criteria for weld inspections.
- Documents need for visual test
- Steps for visual inspection
- Documentation and visual test reporting.
- Review course objects and exam
4 Days Theoretical In-class + assessment day