About the Course:
The Certified Welding Inspector certification is more than a rewarding career.
It involves great responsibility and remarkable skill demonstration.
The CWI is widely recognized, both nationally and internationally and successful companies have come to rely on this AWS certification when ensuring the highest level of quality workmanship.
To be considered qualified as a Certified Welding Inspector by AWS, you must pass a vision test and have a combination of qualifying education and job experience with supporting documents.
- Bachelor or higher degree in welding engineering or welding technology: With Minimum of (1) years welding based work experience
- Associate or higher degree in welding or non-welding engineering technology, engineering, or physical science:
With minimum of (2) years welding based work experience
- Engineering/Technical courses that can be applied to Bachelor or higher degree in Welding: With minimum of (3) years welding based work experience
- Trade/Vocational courses: With minimum of (4) years welding based work experience
- High school diploma or approved high school equivalency
diploma: With minimum of (5) years welding based work experience
- 8th grade of school: With minimum of (9) years welding based work experience
– CWI Exam 25 Oct 2022.
– Practical revision : 23, 24 Oct 2022.
-Theoretical course: 10-17 Oct 2022.
CWI course consists of:
Module 1: The Welding Inspector
Module 2: Documents Governing Welding Inspection and Quality of Materials
Module 3: Weld Joint Geometry and Welding Technology
Module 4: Welding and Nondestructive Testing Symbols
Module 5: Mechanical and Chemical Properties of Metals
Module 6: Destructive Testing
Module 7: Welding Metallurgy for the welding Inspector
Module 8: Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS)
Module 9: Welding, Brazing and Cutting Processes
Module 10: Weld and Base Metal Discontinuities
Module 11: Nondestructive Testing
Module 12: Visual Testing as an effective Quality Control Test
Who should attend:
- HSE & QHSE experts
- Welding inspectors
- Quality controller
- Welding-related workers
- Operation Engineers & …